X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch to vbulletin
    Its best...

Comment

• I think that vb is way better than ipb. That is my personal opinion based by the 2 on line admin demos and checking out both support community forums.
      vb seems to be far more organized and professional and they know how to treat their customers. That is the main reason that I decided to go with vb.

Comment

• vbulletin Its best...

Comment

• Go to a chevy forum and ask if the people there think Ford is better than Chevy. Its the fanboy effect. In other words, not a reliable one.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
            Go to a chevy forum and ask if the people there think Ford is better than Chevy. Its the fanboy effect. In other words, not a reliable one.
            Maybe..maybe not. It really depends on the person.

vBulletin truly is the best forum software on the market...otherwise, I would have kept my IPB license instead of giving it away.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
              Go to a chevy forum and ask if the people there think Ford is better than Chevy. Its the fanboy effect. In other words, not a reliable one.

bah, that is not a fair comparison. Everyone knows BMW is better than both of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Discussions View Post
                Maybe..maybe not. It really depends on the person.

vBulletin truly is the best forum software on the market...otherwise, I would have kept my IPB license instead of giving it away.
                Sorry but thats not true, go post over on IPB if vB is better than IPB and start a poll if they will allow it. I'm not a betting man. But what odds will you give that vB loses. whitetigergrowl is right, and you don't have to have a degree in science to know if would be the same result if you went to a ford forum and started a poll saying which is best Golf or Ford (everybody knows Gold is best). But I bet Ford would win the poll on a Ford site.

Take phpBB, Jesus, there is no way on this planet phpBB is better than vB or IPB. But I bet the same would happen there also. phpBb would win the vote because like whitetigergrowl said. It's a fan-boys club!

Comment

• I have had IPB.. i had it for over 3 years then i bought then i got rid of it when i switched to VB... I love it it was the best thing i had spent money on. My Members also love it more than they did with the IPB

Comment

• vBulletin it's best
                    ReQueM back!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                      Sorry but thats not true, go post over on IPB if vB is better than IPB and start a poll if they will allow it. I'm not a betting man. But what odds will you give that vB loses. whitetigergrowl is right, and you don't have to have a degree in science to know if would be the same result if you went to a ford forum and started a poll saying which is best Golf or Ford (everybody knows Gold is best). But I bet Ford would win the poll on a Ford site.

Take phpBB, Jesus, there is no way on this planet phpBB is better than vB or IPB. But I bet the same would happen there also. phpBb would win the vote because like whitetigergrowl said. It's a fan-boys club!
                      I was saying it depends on the person. A person who isn't biased will always offer an honest / unbiased opinion. Sure, the majority of people who run one forum or car over another could be considered "fanboys", but there are others that only purchase that which offers the best value or makes the most sense.

I am not dedicated to vBulletin, if it falls behind then I would consider moving again...if & only if there were a viable alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Discussions View Post
                        I was saying it depends on the person. A person who isn't biased will always offer an honest / unbiased opinion.
                        Thats the problem, most people don't post there "honest opinion" because they use that instead, so it would defeat the whole object in their eyes to say another peice of software is better than the one they're using at that time: "fanboy-syndrome".

At the moment I use no forum software at all (and to be quite honest, have no plans to do so right now). However, I own both IPB and vBulletin, so I feel I can give an honest comparison. I think they are very close myself. While one has some good features the other doesn't, it's the same vice versa.

I think vBulletin 4.0 will decide it for me, and I'm hoping it will blow IPB away!

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                          Thats the problem, most people don't post there "honest opinion" because they use that instead, so it would defeat the whole object in their eyes to say another peice of software is better than the one they're using at that time: "fanboy-syndrome".

At the moment I use no forum software at all (and to be quite honest, have no plans to do so right now). However, I own both IPB and vBulletin, so I feel I can give an honest comparison. I think they are very close myself. While one has some good features the other doesn't, it's the same vice versa.

I think vBulletin 4.0 will decide it for me, and I'm hoping it will blow IPB away!
                          It won't blow anything away. Just like vB 3.7 has taken many features from IPB 2.2, IPB 3 will come and take features from vB 4.0. Every system copies from the other, and thus they more or less do exactly the same things, just differently.
                          Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                            There are some, though we don't like to spoil our customers privacy
                            i am sure vb staff keep the biggest site stats
                            i am sure u must have one big site that u can show where their is no privacy

Comment

• Are you still deciding? Let me sum it up for you:

- Larger Customer Base
                              - Better Support (as you can see with Steve Machols' 100,000+ post)
                              - More Widely Used
                              - Appease to their Customers (as you can see in 3.7, and we're getting a new ACP and default style in 4.0)
                              - Excellent Security
                              - Larger Modification Community
                              - More Software Compatible with vBulletin (vBadvanced, vBSEO, v3 Arcade, IPB Arcade, Ad Management, etc.)
                              - Instant Patches

IPB is the second best software available, but it still isn't up to par with vBulletin, and never will be, especially with their slow pace of developing their software. My guess is that 4.0 will be out before their 3.0.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
                                IPB is the second best software available, but it still isn't up to par with vBulletin, and never will be, especially with their slow pace of developing their software. My guess is that 4.0 will be out before their 3.0.
                                In these past few months IPB have brought out IPB Nexus as a new product, they have released new versions of their IPB Forum, Blog, and Gallery. And are very close to releasing a new version of IPB Download Manager. So I think it's a little unfair really to say they have been slow on the development side.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X