replied
    Originally posted by PcosKat View Post
    Who posted a link to a mod?
    Nobody. Why don't you?

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    Originally posted by rnmcd View Post
    Is it against vbulletin.com rules to post a link to a vbulletin.org mod?
    Who posted a link to a mod?

Leave a comment:

• Alteran Ancient
    replied
    I've seen a website (it was my clan's website) where the vBa modules were actually included alongside the forum index, as well as there being vBa's own Portal/homepage. I haven't a clue how to do it. As an anternative, there is a Quick Tip/Customisation to add a "Banner" to the left or right of the forum. I did this to complement my logo blended into the forum's style (It was in the background)

Leave a comment:

• rnmcd
    replied
    Yes. There is a HUGE database of them at vbulletin.org. The one you need is a very popular one, so it won't be hard to find.
    Is it against vbulletin.com rules to post a link to a vbulletin.org mod?

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    Originally posted by slobizman View Post
    Thank you. But actually my question is still outstanding: "when you say mods, do you mean plugin modules or code hacks?"
    I mean both. You won't know what a particular mod (ie MODIFICATION) is until you look at it, and see how the author created it.

You'll have your answers if you register over at vBulletinl.org and see what's there.

Leave a comment:

• slobizman
    replied
    Thank you. But actually my question is still outstanding: "when you say mods, do you mean plugin modules or code hacks?"

Yes. There is a HUGE database of them at vbulletin.org. The one you need is a very popular one, so it won't be hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    when you say mods, do you mean plugin modules or code hacks?

Leave a comment:

• slobizman
    replied
    when you say mods, do you mean plugin modules or code hacks?

Absolutely.

You can also modify it so that there is an Adsense leaderboard, as well.

Be sure to check out vbulletin.org once you have a valid vb License. The free mods to do what you are asking are there.

NOTE: The sidebar banner won't be RIGHT next to the text, but it will be close enough.

The leaderboard can also be added to appear 'within' the thread (ie after the first and last posts in the thread.)

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    One thing...if you want 'excerpts' of the article text displayed on your index page, however, you might still want to use vBa. But as has been posted, this has nothing to do with AdSense.

Leave a comment:

• PcosKat
    replied
    For example, could I wrap the forum in a design that has a sidebar on it persistently?
    Absolutely.

You can also modify it so that there is an Adsense leaderboard, as well.

Be sure to check out vbulletin.org once you have a valid vb License. The free mods to do what you are asking are there.

NOTE: The sidebar banner won't be RIGHT next to the text, but it will be close enough.

The leaderboard can also be added to appear 'within' the thread (ie after the first and last posts in the thread.)

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    You could do that without vBadvanced actually. Have a look at www.vbulletin.org, there are modifications that do that.

Leave a comment:

• slobizman
    replied
    I understand that, just wondering what I can do with it to change the look of the forum, not replace the forum. For example, could I wrap the forum in a design that has a sidebar on it persistently?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    vBAdvanced is supposed to work as a portal to complement, not replace, the forum.

Leave a comment:

• slobizman
    replied
    Thanks for the reply.

The adsense reference was simply that it is more difficult to find good placement for adsense as cleanly as you can do on a custom website. So, I was wondering how much VBadvanced could change the look to accommodate adsense in a better way than a simple forum structure does.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    1. It will create 10 new threads in your example. It doesn't delete threads that drop off the feed.

2. I'm not sure what Adsense has to do with vBAdvanced, could you explain a bit more what you're trying to do please.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X