Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I make like private forums like "organic groups"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I make like private forums like "organic groups"?

I read about private forums and it says that it is for admins and other high level users. But, I'm wondering of there is some other functionality I can use to accomplish having private forums for regular users.

What I'd like to do is offer users the chance to set up their own forum for a specific interest that a subset of the community might be interested in, but that only those who are allowed in that forum would be able to see it.

I know the first thought is setting permissions for a user group (or whatever this is called on VB). But that's not automated enough for what I need. I'd like for someone to come to the admin with the request to begin a forum for a subgroup he wants to start. The admin would create the forum. The person who thought up the forum would then be "in charge" of the forum, granting access to it, banning users from it, moderating it, etc. The admins are out of the picture at this point.

What I'm trying to accomplish is close to the the "organic groups" that Drupal has, which is something less that what Yahoo Groups is. I know I can't get as sophisticated as those, but is there any function or addon that I am not thinking of? Don't ant to hack any code.

You can set up forums for specific usergroups but there is no function to allow non-admins to do that. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try asking about this in the Pre-sales forum at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X