Paying for support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for support

I am not a VBulletin registered customer, but would appreciate it if you could inform me if it possible to pay an additional free for just the VBulletin support without the forum software. Please reply to let me know.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Originally posted by forumsuser2007 View Post
    I am not a VBulletin registered customer, but would appreciate it if you could inform me if it possible to pay an additional free for just the VBulletin support without the forum software. Please reply to let me know.

Many thanks

Best wishes
    No vBulletin support is for licenceholders only and i don't see why you would need support without a licence unless offcource you are using a pirated vBulletin ...

Comment

I am only have a subscription to a website that uses VBulletin. The website is not my forum and I am not an administrator or a mdoerator. I recently requested that some of my threads be deleted. The moderation team have agreed to do this, but are unsure how to go about it without having to select all the threads individually. I am trying to find out how to do this, so that I can pass this information on to them.

Many thanks for your reply

Comment

I am only have a subscription to a website that uses VBulletin. The website is not my forum and I am not an administrator or a mdoerator. I recently requested that some of my threads be deleted. The moderation team have agreed to do this, but are unsure how to go about it without having to select all the threads individually. I am trying to find out how to do this, so that I can pass this information on to them.

In that case the owner of the vBulletin Licence can post in the support forums or the vBulletin manual can be read by anyone here it is

Comment

The administrator of that forum can prune your threads in the AdminCP. If he needs more help ask him to post on these forums or open a support ticket.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

WTH - If it's not your site, why are you asking for support for them?

Tell them to come here and ask themselves if they need help, but of course they need to have a valid license to get any kind of help. This is not a technical issue anyway. Why don't they just view your profile and seach for all posts started by you, then delete them?

Comment

I am asking for support because I am trying to get the problem solved. I know I am able to delete my own posts, but I do not have sufficient access rights to delete the threads when I have been a thread starter due to only been a subscriber on the forum. The threads in question have been closed - not all of them have been started by me on the forum, but I have contributed to some of them. Would pruning the threads allow the mod or admin to select the threads that I would like to be deleted automatically. If so, I will search the manual and post details of how to go about it in their forum.

Many thanks for your support. It is much appreciated.

Best wishes

Comment

OK, why don't you just ask the admin the change the username to another username, then update the usernames. This way the posts can remain there, but not using your username anymore.

Comment

Thank you, but I have already done this - although some one was tracking my online activity when I was using a previous username, so for the posts that are still present, they will still be able to see all the posts that I have made.

Thanks again

Comment

Thing is though, if people have replied to your posts, the admin of the site will be very hesitant to delete them. The best option would simply be to just ask him to rename the Username to something stupid like "Mr.Blobby". Which would have no bearing to you in general.

But it sounds to me like the real issue is - you want your IP address deleted that made the posts, which is why your requesting to have them all totally deleted instead of just asking for a Username change. Which would solve your issue and keep the admins happy because all threads you posted with replies in them (are still intact).

As a member, you shouldn't have access rights to PRUNE threads, Mmmmm.

Also, I don't understand why you have not asked the site admin to make a post in this thread asking for help on this matter as Wayne pointed out to you
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 4th Aug '07, 4:24am.

Comment

The main issue is that the admins are concerned at the amount of time it will take as there are more than 50 threads. I do not have access rights to prune threads, so I would need to pass these details on to the moderator or an administrator who would be able to do this on my behalf. The site admin has said that it is only possible to delete individual threads, but I just wanted to check this with the support forum.

Comment

It is also possible to prune all a users posts. If that'd be the first post in a thread, then the entire thread will be deleted.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thank you for your support. I'll pass this on to the admins of the site.

Thanks again

Comment

Sorry for an additional enquiry. When an admin or moderator prunes threads, are all the threads that match the seach critera automatically selected, or is it neccessary for them to select each thread individually?

Many thanks

Comment

Please have the license owner fill out a support ticket so we can help him with this:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X