Pre-Buying Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Buying Help?

Ok before I buy vbulletin. I wanted to know if it would wolrk with godaddy.com hosting and if making a portal would cost any extra?

Yes, but only with GoDaddy's Linux servers. Their Windows servvers won't work.

We do not provide a portal for vB at this time. There are several add-ons that can do this, but they are third-party add-ons that we do not provide or support. You can check the Premium Modifications forum at www.vbulletin.org for information about these.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

wpuld these "Additional Add-Ons" cost or be free?

Comment

vBulletin.org is a user powered community where addons are available freely. Some other third party sites might decide to charge for their addon though.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

vBAdvanced is a free portal add-on to vBulletin.

Comment

Why don't you guys offer portals with the vbulletin license? I can see many people requesting and am pretty sure it can make a site look professional!!

Comment

Asvin,

Have you bought vBulletin and tried vBAdvanced?

I hope when Jelsoft does do a CMS/Portal, it is far more ambitious than the existing solutions. And now that Joomla is being openly hostile towards commercial software, it can no longer be counted on as a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                Asvin,

Have you bought vBulletin and tried vBAdvanced?

I hope when Jelsoft does do a CMS/Portal, it is far more ambitious than the existing solutions. And now that Joomla is being openly hostile towards commercial software, it can no longer be counted on as a solution.
                are you serious ? joomla commercial lol who wants to pay one little penny for software that is FULL OF SECURITY HOLES hahahaha that's the most rediculous thing i have ever seen

Comment

'Hellservent' i have just bought a license upgrading from using PHPBB and i can say im 100% happy, i had a problem with reg so i contacted the support team 5 mins later i had a reply with a solution as for CMS's VBadvanced is a great portal i did two months research before i decided to upgrade to this great software.

i 100% recommend optaining a license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X