X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    Originally posted by HasRob View Post
    One more question, if I have an old forum with all of its content (memnber replies, information etc) can this data be transferred into a new vbulletin site?

Thanks so much
    Yes there is a import script to import data from other forum software with vBulletin called ImpEx

Leave a comment:

• HasRob
    replied
    One more question, if I have an old forum with all of its content (memnber replies, information etc) can this data be transferred into a new vbulletin site?

Thanks so much

Leave a comment:

• HasRob
    replied
    Thanks again,

I'm going to play around with the demo some more and keep looking through the forum here.

Much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    In vBulletin, there are roughly 160 templates which are glued together in different combinations to make up each page. For instance, the header, footer, navigation bar, this quick reply box, etc.

What most people think of as a template or skin is called a STYLE in vBulletin.

It's just a matter of different terminology.

Leave a comment:

• HasRob
    replied
    When you say templates, there should be only one correct? I mean, after I pick which template/design I want, it should be a matter of just copying and pasteing a banner code into the said header/footer/side bar correct?

Thanks so much for the help

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by HasRob View Post
    Not looking to manipulate the layout and arrangement of pages, I'm going to need help figuring out how to add and remove banners on top of the forums, on the bottom, on the sides etc.

Example, my friends site namepros.com frequently changes the advertisment banners on the home page and category pages. I will need to learn that "eventually" "hopefully" and how to moderate the site without knowing html in detail.

My experience with html and codes is adding and removing codes on my myspace page.

So you can see, I'm going to need help bigtime
    Generally when you get banner ad code, they give you a chunk of HTML. It's just a question in vBulletin of figuring out which of the ~160 templates you need to Paste that HTML into.

The header, footer, and navbar templates are some of the easiest to deal with.

And if you make any mistakes, there's always a Revert button. There are examples of how to add banners and make other style changes in the "Quick Tips" forum here.

Leave a comment:

• HasRob
    replied
    Not looking to manipulate the layout and arrangement of pages, I'm going to need help figuring out how to add and remove banners on top of the forums, on the bottom, on the sides etc.

Example, my friends site namepros.com frequently changes the advertisment banners on the home page and category pages. I will need to learn that "eventually" "hopefully" and how to moderate the site without knowing html in detail.

My experience with html and codes is adding and removing codes on my myspace page.

So you can see, I'm going to need help bigtime

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    The colors and borders and images used in vBulletin are controlled from a CSS color control panel.

The actual layout and arrangement of the pages is controlled by HTML stored in templates. If you want your designer to be able to manipulate the layout and arrangement of pages, you will need to give him or her Administrator access to change the HTML. There are no "files" that he/she can edit to change the appearance of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• HasRob
    replied
    O.k thanks.

I dont have the time nor patience to learn that.

Is it possible to buy the program and have my developer customize it for me? And how would I go about that?

thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A license includes everything in the demo. Except project tools if it is included in the demo right now. Project Tools is an addon license.

To customize the templates you need to have knowledge of HTML/XHTML and basic knowledge of CSS. You can learn this at www.w3schools.com.

Every license comes with free email/ticket and community forum support. We are here to provide help as you need it or direct you to the place to get it.

Leave a comment:

• HasRob
    started a topic Complete Neebie Needs Help!

Complete Neebie Needs Help!

I am not a web designer, never uploaded anything to a server and never had to play with all the features and codes etc in the demo.

Question is, if I buy this license what exactly comes with it? Everything you see in the demo?

All I'd like to do is start a small forum.

How hard is it to customize the templates etc?

I'm going to need help I think

Thanks for any help!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X