Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I build a test forum on my local computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I build a test forum on my local computer?

I have a owned license, and I wonder whether I can setup a test forum on my computer. It does not contain a domain and it can not be visited on internet.

The license agreement gives you the right of a test forum that cannot be accessed by the public (.htaccess or not even on the internet, I would guess wouldn't matter) and a public forum, so basically I am pretty sure you can.

Comment

Yes, you can build a test forum on your local machine. You would need to install a webserver (e.g. IIS or Apache), PHP and MySQL.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I'd recommend using something called xampp. Immensely useful application that contains the Apache server, php and Mysql. Installs extremely easily, virtually no configuration required. I use it to run vb test forum on my localhost when I want to test something before making it live

Comment

Thank you guys

I have built a test environment using Debian 4.0, apache 1.3.37, php 5.2.3 and mysql 5.0.45

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X