Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin and Wordpress integration questions

Hello,

I am looking for a forum solution and like many others I have been told to look at Vbulletin...and for good reason as it has a fairly stellar reputation.

I have a few questions and I hope some of you out there might have the answer to:

1. I use Wordpress as my site and I want to integrate VB into that. How hard is this and where might I go to find help to achieve this?

2. Does anyone have a site or an example of a site that uses the VB hack that manages the comments from my WordPress blog? I've heard of this several times but I have not seen it in action.

3. My blog is getting fairly big but I have not required commenters to register on my blog as of yet so I assume that I could use a hack to register VB users on my site and that would register them for the blog as well. Would this be correct?

Thanks in advance...I appreciate it!

Kenneth

Not sure of there is a Wordpress integration.. best place to check is the vbulletin.org forums.. they have all addons and hacks for vBulletin.

Comment

FreshFroot,

Thanks for the info...I've looked over there but cannot post until I buy the software which I'm not going to do until I can find this stuff out.

Thannks again!

Comment

We do not have WordPress Integration, sorry. We can offer you the API so you can write your own integration. http://members.vbulletin.com/api

I would like to invite you to check out the official addon that's currently in development from Jelsoft : vbulletin blog

I am pretty sure once it goes stable and our impex software is updated that it will support importing data from wordpress into vbulletin blog.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

Comment

Hi Floris,

Regarding intergration with Wordpress, I found a user on here the other day and he was asking the same thing.

His site is here:

http://www.sweatdrop.com/

Do you know anything about this site??

Thanks.

Comment

No sorry.

Comment

So can anyone out there furnish an example of the Wordpress/VB hack where VB manages the comments from the Wordpress comment area.

Thanks!

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134521

Comment

Wordpress-vBulletin Threads

Originally posted by kholland View Post
                  Hello,

I am looking for a forum solution and like many others I have been told to look at Vbulletin...and for good reason as it has a fairly stellar reputation.

I have a few questions and I hope some of you out there might have the answer to:

1. I use Wordpress as my site and I want to integrate VB into that. How hard is this and where might I go to find help to achieve this?

2. Does anyone have a site or an example of a site that uses the VB hack that manages the comments from my WordPress blog? I've heard of this several times but I have not seen it in action.

3. My blog is getting fairly big but I have not required commenters to register on my blog as of yet so I assume that I could use a hack to register VB users on my site and that would register them for the blog as well. Would this be correct?

Thanks in advance...I appreciate it!

Kenneth
                  Hi There
                  Here i find partial solution from Wordpress
                  Author: WhatNiche

Wordpress-vBulletin Threads is a simple bridge between your WordPress and vBulletin installations. When you post a new article within WordPress, you may optionally have this plugin automatically create a thread in your forums.
                  You may specify the forum to post the thread in, which WordPress categories to do this for and which user to make the threads belong to.
                  The post content is fully customisable and uses standard vBulletin BBCode, as if you were posting from within your forum.

Comment

Not surprising that after 3 years, a solution has been found.

Comment

you really surprising Me dude
                      May be I was drunk so i cant see the year :-)

Comment

A three-year revival? That's got to be a new record! Give yourself a pat on the back, sir.
                        -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                        This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

1. That plugin doesn't work

and

2. You can already do that... just import your blog's feed using the RSS Feed Manager

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X