Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jotinhapt
    replied
    Ok, thank you for your answers. I've just bought it.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    A few reasons why you should go for vBulletin over free forum software are:

- Very good fast support (avaliable over the support area, on the forum or via telephone).
    - Fast response to release patches to newly found security bugs.
    - Easy to modify.

vBulletin also has lots of features that other free sources do not although that might not be the most important thing to a big board .

Thanks
    MAD

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Hello,

Here's our forum with available language packs: vBulletin 3 Language Packs

We do not have an official Portuguese language pack at this time. But perhaps one of our customers has submitted one for download for our customers.

You can choose to use phpBB, SMF and other open source solutions. But when you choose vBulletin you not only purchase top quality software written by professional who code it full time for their living, you also get great performance, especially if you have a medium to big site. And you get software from a team that takes security very seriously. All the features are innovating to the industry and are fully complete. And aren't just there turned on or off, we offer most of them with global and per user options. And per usergroup and per forum permissions. Making your forum very flexible. Even more then it already is. As vBulletin comes with a visible source code PHP files, and a hook system to add your own PHP code if needed to enhance the forum (without having to edit the PHP files). And a flexible and enhanced style manager (with templates you can modify if you know a bit of XHTML) and all the text is in phrases in language packs you can translate.

Yes, you can change domain name for your license. One license grants you permission to run an instance of vBulletin. At any point you can change the location to a new domain name if that's needed. As long as you only run one board per license.

Leave a comment:

• jotinhapt
    started a topic Some questions from a possible future customer

Some questions from a possible future customer

Hello everybody!

I'm interested in vBulletin but I have some questions before I take my final decision. So, here I go:

- There's a Portuguese translation included ? I mean Portuguese from Portugal, not Portuguese from Brazil ?

- As a webmaster, running a 5000 user forum, why should I pay for vBulletin when there are a lot of free forums such phpBB, SMF, etc ? What's in vBulletin that justify that choice ? I believe that webmasters who already bought it can help me more than the sales person.

- Of course I want to customize the appearance of the vBulettin for my site, and that is an easy task ? I mean, there are a lot of files that I have to change or just few ?

- If I decide one day to close my forum I can re-use the vBulletin with another domain or the licensed is linked to that domain ?

I believe that's all, thanks in advance for your support.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X