Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Not would be stoping you from taking the default CSS, poping it into a file, including it and editing it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
    Since the CSS file is generated automatically from the control panel, it would be complex to allow the admin to edit it, since it could be overwritten at any time.
    Maybe adding a "revert to default" setting as in the templates. TextPattern offers both a Style Editor similar to vBulletin's as well as the option to edit raw CSS within the script. It saves users time from uploading files via FTP.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Since the CSS file is generated automatically from the control panel, it would be complex to allow the admin to edit it, since it could be overwritten at any time.

You can add your own CSS definitions using the "Extra CSS" box.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    You can set vBulletin to store stylesheets in the file system, rather than in the database. Then you can manually edit the file through any text editor & save to server. If you're using cPanel, The File Manager utility lets you easlity edit any raw files.

Your question, however, is interesting. vBulletin should enable raw editing of CSS files via the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• BrendanR
    replied
    Thank-you for replying. I have already tried the demo, though.

I prefer editing raw CSS than using generators, or other "easy" CSS forms when making more advanced styles.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    vBulletin comes with an advanced Style Manager that allows you to change the forum's look & feel in a more user-friendly way than just editing raw CSS.

You can try vBulletin for free here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Leave a comment:

• BrendanR
    started a topic Css

Css

Hello,

In vBulletin, is there an Advanced CSS Editor? If you do not know what I mean, it's something like this: http://brokentracks.com/images/47645...kinDemo221.jpg

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X