buying from another member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying from another member

if i buy a vbulletin license from another member, what information will i need? and where would i go to login and put that info to use?

i am very new to paid forum licenses - vbulletin would be my first one so i was hoping it to be a good exp with help

and another question - how old does the license have to be before anyone can sell it to someone else?

thank you!

edit: few more questions lol:

i want to convert my smf forum to vbulletin - is it very simple and easy ? or would i need help? and can i use the year support i have left to get someone to convert? and the point system in smf - if i convert will the points get transfered?

answers are greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Gamers Forum | Cheap VPS Hosting
    Custom Computers and Servers | Arcade29

There are some policies about license transfer. It is safest to ask the seller to give you license number to you, and then check with us on whether or not the license can actually be transfered via this form and we can provide you with more details.

Please note that we cannot transfer license that is purchased within 3 months (90 days) nor can we transfer a license that have already been transferred once in the past 12 months. Additionally, we only allow transfer of active owned license; that means leased licenses and expired owned licenses are not qualified for transfer.

A detailed outline describing allt he policies and pitfalls of purchasing second hand licenses can be found here.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

ok thank you very much- appreciate the quick response

edit: i didnt want to double post or anything but i have another questioN:

i figured out that the license is valid and available for transfer - what information am i supposed to give the guy for him to transfer it into my name? Should i give him my username - njoker555 or something else?

confused about that part

answer is appreciated, thanks!
      Last edited by njoker555; Sat 30 Jun '07, 8:36am.

Comment

he took my info today and said he gave in the support ticket to push it to my name - gave him all my info as well.

just a quick question: how long does it usually take to process? i've been waiting about 5 hours now for that email. The guy said it should be done within an hour or so.

thanks!

Comment

I see a few transfer requests open right now waiting for confirmation from the owner. Generally speaking, once we verify that the license is okay for transfer, and get all the confirmation information (IE: making sure the person requesting is indeed the owner, and willing to transfer etc.), we will contact the buyer in a separate ticket to make sure that the buyer is aware of the risks and are willing to be bound under the software's license agreement. Once all that is done, we move the license for you... This -- if both parties are quick -- can be done in a few hours, or -- if someone is slow at responding -- can drag on to days. The time it takes really depends on how quickly every replies, so there are no estimates that I can provide you.
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

oh the owner right now went off the internet a few mins after he pushed the last ticket so i guess im just waiting for him its night time where he is lol so he'll be up a few hrs from now i guess.

thanks for clarifying.

Comment

i was told that he actually sent the email back and etc. i just didnt get it yet.

can someone check if any email was sent to nazmus[@]verizon.net

thanks!

edit: well if i give the license # to someone can you check if its in progress or something? or can i make a support ticket?
              Last edited by njoker555; Mon 2 Jul '07, 8:39pm.

Comment

We have to give written permission to transfer a license. So yes, a support ticket is the best way to go.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X