X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoDaddy and vBulletin

Hello, I am new here.

I am interested in running a forum.

Has or Can vBulletin be used and installed on GoDaddy.com internet service.

I have played with others before.

All suggestions and help are welcome

Thank you in Advance.

Cheers

vBulletin can be installed on GoDaddy's paid Linux Hosting only. It will not work on thier free or Windows based hosting.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank for the tip

Is it that hard to install???

Comment

I don't suggest using GoDaddy for vBulletin its too much of a hastle and it doesn't load worth anything

Comment

Take a look at asmallorange, they offer a good service to run vBulletin. technically they have the right setup for it. They will give you SSH access and if you have any problems with things not working quite right that require php.ini changes, they are willing to do them for you at there end. Not many hosts will do this.

And to give you SSH access on shared host is good also, as again lots of hosts out there see it as a security risk and won't do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
            Take a look at asmallorange, they offer a good service to run vBulletin. technically they have the right setup for it. They will give you SSH access and if you have any problems with things not working quite right that require php.ini changes, they are willing to do them for you at there end. Not many hosts will do this.

And to give you SSH access on shared host is good also, as again lots of hosts out there see it as a security risk and won't do it for you
            Thanks for the info for the webhosting, I am reviewing them as this post closes.

Cheers

Comment

try:

www.globat.com
              www.**************.com
              www.site-ground.com

best of all[atleast that is what i think] is www.startlogic.com

It is not really hard to install, although you could ask for proffessional installation!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                vBulletin can be installed on GoDaddy's paid Linux Hosting only. It will not work on thier free or Windows based hosting.
                see http://allarches.com/default.aspx on godaddy and windows server
                and see http://allarches.com/arches_club/ vb3.5.4

Comment