Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Data From Tikiwiki

Hello all,

Currently I have a TikiWiki forum and I'm interested in switching to vBulletin. The only problem is, I don't want to lose all of my user info/post info. Is there a way to migrate the data over to vBulletin so I don't have to recreate all the users?

Thanks.

We currently do not have an importer for your system. You could do a CSV based user import but you would lose your post information.

Here is the information on our ImpEx import system:
    Here is the status of the current import scripts vBulletin supports:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_systems

Here is the Online Manual for the Impex system:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

By CSV user import I could basically import all of my user info to the vBulletin board? Do you know where I could find out more information on this?

Comment

It would import username, email address and password (as long as its not encrypted).
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks so much. One last thing: They are encrypted, so what should I do in order to decrypt them?

Comment

That depends on how you encrypted them. If they can be decrypted you would have to do that first, probably with some sort of script.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X