Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about converting an existing php board

Hi,

I have a few questions about the conversion process if I use a pro install. Although I set up the php board myself almost 2 years ago life stuff happened and I didn't upgrade as I should. Now the board is finally getting busy since another large board is closing and many of the refugee's are coming to our board. They are used to V Bulletin which is one of the reasons we are considering converting.

My questions are, with a professional install:
    How long does it take? Is there any down time and if so how much?
    How much would I have to actually do in this process?
    Would I loose any of the threads, format, smilies, avatars, etc?
    Would I be able to have my banner still?
    Would there be a way to have a "donate" button on the board?
    and finally (for now)
    We have an Internal Server Error. would this fix that or should I call G-Daddy?

FWIW: I am currently still on phpBB 2.0.17 and use GoDaddy as a host. Thank you for your kind assistance.
    ~LdyG

1. Professional Installations are normally completed within 24-48 hours
    2. There is no down time of your phpbb board for the vBulletin installation
    3. We do not have an import/conversion service, so you will need to perform the import yourself. Full support is available for this though.
    4. No
    5. Yes
    6. Yes either through a direct template modification to include your paypal donate button or via a modification
    7. That will be a hosting issue
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. Other then the I have to perform the import those were all the answers I wanted to hear.

How difficult is it to import? Does the "full support" cost extra and how is it done, phone or email or ??

I really want to do this but am apprehensive about messing something up and having the board go *poof* especially at a time when folks need it the most.

Thank you again... your help is truly appreciated.

Comment

Support is via our ticket system (email). We do offer phone support, although this is on a contract basis and must be paid for before using it.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X