vBulletin + Subdreamer + Wordpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin + Subdreamer + Wordpress

I am looking to use Subdreamer as my CMS. According to the subdreamer forum, it integrates seamlessly with vBulletin as well as other forums. Even though these other forums include phpBB, I am simply blown away by vast amount of security settings one can set out of the box (i.e. with no mods installed).

Subdreamer does not have a blog feature. I am very fond of Wordpress. I have noticed that there is a mod for vBulletin that would allow the WP user DB and the vBulletin DB to synchronize (in a sense) My main concern is user DB synchronization so that a user can comment on my blog, post to the forums and so forth via just one login.

If you know of a better CMS than Subdreamer, then please let me know. In the past I have used phpNuke (but will never again because of security and instability), PostNuke, Joomla, and XOOPs. The reason why I am thinking of going with Subdreamer is because of commercial support, the same reason many I'm sure have come to vBulletin. Granted, the vBulletin system is awesome, but the commercialization provides dependable financial support for development and technical support.

It seems that this should all work. I would like to hear any experiences from people that have used one or all of these systems in an integrated environment.

wordpress is full of holes i DO NOT UNDERSTAND why anybody would still want to use it am i the only one who cares about server security here or what ? wordpress about DB integration that would require modifications to the original code => www.vbulletin.org

Comment

http://vbdrupal.org

A vB version of Drupal. I use it. Its great. Not commercial, though the dev is REALLY helpful and keeps it updated with all the security stuff from the main Drupal branch. I recommend looking into it. It has a blog built in as well.

Comment

TruthElixirX, thanks for the suggestion. I will look over vbDrupal. I have heard of Drupal over the years, but have never worked with it.

DelphiVillage, can you please enlighten me to what you would recommend? Any recommendations in regards to a CMS and/or blog system?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlKat007 View Post
          TruthElixirX, thanks for the suggestion. I will look over vbDrupal. I have heard of Drupal over the years, but have never worked with it.

DelphiVillage, can you please enlighten me to what you would recommend? Any recommendations in regards to a CMS and/or blog system?

Thanks in advance for the help.
          A blog is coming made by the creators of vBulletin look in the announcements forum ... Personally i would prefer tools being made by the original software publisher that way you know what quality level you can get .... vbdrugpal is indeed a nice one to

Comment

I read the post about the vBulletin blog. It would be nice if they had some sort of an ETA on it. I agree on prefering a tool made by the creators of vBulletin. Not only quality, but also no worries on compatibility issues.

I am looking over vbDrupal as well as a coupld VB CMS scripts such as vbAdvance and vbPortal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X