Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does vBulletin have options that cost $$$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vBulletin have options that cost $$$?

If you buy the lifetime option, are there still things that you can buy that are not included?

No... if you go with the Owned license, then you have a "full version" (same with the Leased). The only other extras is the optional $30 for added support for a year after it expires. The only other thing is ImpEx, which is free for all licensed customers and is used to import other forum data into your vBulletin.

The only other "options" that may cost money are the new add-ons... for more information on pricing/availability: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225281
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

actually, there is a load of addons not released by Jelsoft that can be added to your forum, like image galleries, links repositories, news systems, and you can also hire some coders to develop the tools you need...

you can have a hint on http://vbulletin.org/forum/
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

thank you both!

Comment

Aside from the owned license, the optional costs for vBulletin would be:

Branding Free - $120.00 (one time fee).
          Installation/Upgrade Service $135.00 (per installation)
          Update Renewal $30.00 (per year)
          Phone Support $60/$180/$300 (time based contracts)
          All prices subject to change.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Aside from the owned license, the optional costs for vBulletin would be:

Branding Free - $120.00 (one time fee).
            Installation/Upgrade Service $135.00 (per installation)
            Update Renewal $30.00 (per year)
            Phone Support $60/$180/$300 (time based contracts)
            All prices subject to change.

What is that? Thanks!

Comment

Branding is the copyright notice on the footer of the site that indicate the source of the software... some people are interested to remain anonymous about their source... (people don't like to advertise the Jelsoft thing...)
              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Thank You, as well.

Comment

The only thing I don't like is the fact that upgrades aren't free. IPS does free upgrades....

Comment

And they charge you for support costs every six months. We provide free support.

For the people who do purchase our upgrade service it is a great value to them. Either their servers are configured differently so they have us do it incase something goes wrong or they simply want the luxury of hands-free upgrades.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by dg0896 View Post
                      The only thing I don't like is the fact that upgrades aren't free. IPS does free upgrades....
                      IPS does the reverse... Free upgrades, pay for support.
                      Forums

Comment

I would still always use vB, after buying it compared to IPB. Because I like the support, it is excellent and always speedy, however the only other thing I like about IPS is the upgrades.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X