Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-sales question about whats viewable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-sales question about whats viewable?

Quick question,

What I am looking for is a way to run a forum on my site that is only accessible by members, but I don't want non-members to even be able to see it.

Most forum software lets non-members see the forum page and then authenticate them, is there a method that I can use a form on my site to prompt for user name and password that will do pass through to the forum and log them in? All other users would never get past this login page that has nothing else but Username, password, Forgot my password?

Thanks!

-=K

Yes, through the permission system, you can specify who can and can't see the forum.

They register, and then you can choose email-validation registration (to activate the account) so they can view the site.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

You can completely lock down vBulletin so that nothing is seen except a big fat "You must register" page.

Comment

As others have stated, vBulletin is customizable enough to fit your specific needs in this instance.
        The Relationship Forum
        The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X