Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will i lose users and attached images and posts if i move from phpnuke to vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will i lose users and attached images and posts if i move from phpnuke to vbulletin?

will i lose any attached images in posts? or the posts themselves? or any users? if i move from phpnuke (phpbb nuke) to vbulletin?

Yes, users, posts and attachments are imported.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

thx alot for ur reply

thx alot for ur reply

Comment

1 more question

when i get a lisenced copy of vbulletin, where do i click or go to get the procedure of converting?

Comment

You will be able to download both vBulletin and ImpEx from the Members' Area once you have purchased your license.

Comment

question

questions never end.

1 more question: i want to use vbulletin with joomla. if i convert phpnuke to vbulletin, will i be able to integrate the converted vbulletin with joomla using jvbplugin?

Comment

Originally posted by eido View Post
              questions never end.

1 more question: i want to use vbulletin with joomla. if i convert phpnuke to vbulletin, will i be able to integrate the converted vbulletin with joomla using jvbplugin?
              that won't be answerd here custom code is not supported www.vbulletin.org for help with such questions also joomla is FULL of security holes i don't understand why anybody still uses it

Comment

Could you please provide links or some sort of evidence that Joomla has unpatched security holes?

People still use it because it's one of the best CMS for PHP.

Comment

unpatched no but every three weeks or so i see a newly discoverd hole in either joomla itself or one of it's modules and really who would want to use a piece of software that buggy.You want me to give you a copy of my server logs ? it is full of people trying to exploit the many joomla holes and i don't even run it .If you ask me running joomla is crying at the hackers please hack my server !

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                    Could you please provide links or some sort of evidence that Joomla has unpatched security holes?

People still use it because it's one of the best CMS for PHP.
                    here another joomla (or one of it's modules) hole ....

Comment

That is a 3rd party add-on for Joomla, and it doesn't indicate which version of either Joomla, Mambo, or the add-on (which it doesn't really properly list the name of) is affected. I can't respond to unsubstantiated FUD.

By the way, Mambo and Joomla are not the same software. Joomla 1.0 and Mambo 4.5.3 are essentially the same, but after that, Joomla fixed hundreds of bugs in 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc. They are up to 1.0.12 which is extremely stable and has fixed dozens of security flaws that still exist in Mambo.

Looking at security flaws reported at SecurityFocus.com, I see:
                      Vulnerability in Be2004-2 template (3rd party template)
                      Joomla 1.5 beta XSS flaw (beta software, hello?)
                      JCE editor add-on
                      the 4th exploit I see for 2007 requires an Admin to follow a specially constructed URL.
                      That's it for 2007.

I am not trying to be a fanboy of Joomla. It has many shortcomings which I have pointed out, and I am seriously considering Microsoft for my next web server applications because of how mature the tools are. But since I run several Joomla sites, I would like to be informed of REAL security threats, not a straw man argument.
                      Last edited by feldon23; Mon 25 Jun '07, 11:53am.

Comment