Another question about compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question about compatibility

I ran the "check if your site will work with phpbb" script, and it failed the open_basedir check.

The description, "you may experience problems uploading files" doesn't help very much. What will be necessary to make this work once installed?

Also, the magic_quotes_gpc test failed. What is this? The advice is to try go get my isp to change the setting. What if I can't?

Thanks.

That depends on your server. If your host is cooperative then you will be able to get attachments to work.

The magic_quotes issues is not important. In fact it should be removed from that test in my opnion.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      That depends on your server. If your host is cooperative then you will be able to get attachments to work.
      What must be done? Please be specific, or if you have a linke I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comment

I can't be more specific. That depends on the server. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

In general though the host may have to disable open_basedir, and/or they will have to create a directory on the server that is chmod'd to 1777 and set the appropriate php.ini settings for open_basedir and upload_tmp_dir to that directory.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X