Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, how difficult is it to set up a vBulletin forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, how difficult is it to set up a vBulletin forum?

I have a guy who is GREAT at handling most web stuff. I, am terrible. But I have what I think is a GREAT forum to start, that I could see eventually being a "decent" money maker of a forum.

I just know that I can't handle it myself.

Originally posted by CJY3 View Post
    I have a guy who is GREAT at handling most web stuff. I, am terrible. But I have what I think is a GREAT forum to start, that I could see eventually being a "decent" money maker of a forum.

I just know that I can't handle it myself.
    Installing vBulletin is easy. Find a host with a minimum of PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.16, buy vBulletin, upload the files and run the installer script. It take all of 5 mins if that.
    Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

I'm a total noob at this stuff, and I've been spending all night at it, but I'm actually almost done. One more problem to solve and my board will be up and running no problem. I'm sure you can do it, if you try.

Comment

Thanks for the info! and encouragement!

Comment

The hard part is not get it up and running, its choosing the options and how you want it to work. There are a lot of options. Hard as in it is a lot of work.
          Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Mayers View Post
            Installing vBulletin is easy. Find a host with a minimum of PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.16, buy vBulletin, upload the files and run the installer script. It take all of 5 mins if that.
            UNLESS, you have dial up like me!

Comment

If I can do it. You can!

1. Upload files
              2. Start installation. Keep clicking next.
              3. Modify some files and put in right values like forum name, databass, password etc.
              4. Reply back here and tell us how easy that was.
              www.christianforumsite.com
              sigpic

Comment

You should switch step 2 and 3.

Comment

once you get a database and user made with the correct permissions, setting up vBulletin is pretty easy.
                  Out of all the times that I've helped a friend out who was stuck upgrading or installing vb, 90% of the time it was a database issue.
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

It's really not that hard, at all. Once you get the files uploaded, the database/username setup, and the permissions set, the installation process is a breeze, and so is the general options setup (via the AdminCP). From there, managing the software is not only easy, but a lot of fun.

4. Reply back here and tell us how easy that was.
                    Yup, seriously, it's that easy!

Chris
                    Last edited by cemartin; Fri 8 Jun '07, 2:39am.

Comment

VBuletin is on of the easy scripts to install just need to upload files and run installer.

Comment

Installing is not hard at all as long as there's the manual:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/install
                        $post[signature]

Comment

Thread moved to pre-sales forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            Thread moved to pre-sales forum.

Thank You for putting it where it belongs.

Thanks all for making me want to give it a go!

Comment

installation is NOT hard at all, especially a clean, first-time install. you should have few if any difficulties with that part of the process.

getting everything to work just like you want will take some time and patience, though. vb has LOTS of options and it takes a while to learn your way around.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X