Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off functionality

Hi

I am planning to set up a forum for people who are not very experienced computer users. I would like to be able to disable some of the functionality (e.g. quick links) and just have a very basic forum initially. Once people start getting experienced I would like to enable functionality.

Is there any functionality which can be disabled initially and later enabled?

Regards

Peter

vBulletin has over 300 options in 41 setting groups that allow you to completely customize the boards. If it doesn't have an option then it is either controlled by the permission system (over 100 individual permissions) or templates. If it is in the templates, you simply have to delete the code and it goes away. When you want it back, you can simply "revert" the template and the default functionality is restored.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You might like to try the admin demo

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
      GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

Comment

on the board that I am running we have chosen not to use:

- the calender (need to edit the navbar template to get rid of the link)

- infractions system
        - reputation system (both these disappear when not enabled)

also, things like 'similar threads' just disappear if they are not enabled.
        there are some skins around on www.vbulletin.org with real clean look and 'stripped' templates, only the bare minimum you need.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X