Leased license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leased license question

Although I have owned a vBulletin license for awhile I am not positive how it works on the Leased side of things. I took a look under the "Purchase" section, but it wasn't entirely clear to me. Let's say I leased a license of vBulletin, but then in a year I decided to buy it. Would it cost me $160 more or would it just be $75 to cover the difference between the $160 and the $85?

Thx

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you just pay the difference, so the $75 I believe.....

Comment

If you purchased the leased license today and decided after the year was up to go for an owned license - it will be full price.

If - within two months iirc - you decided you love vb and want it to be the mother of your children, you can upgrade to an owned liscence for just a little more than the cost difference.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

If you buy a leased license and decide 60 days after purchase you'd like to upgrade to a full license, you would pay an additional $85.00. Thereafter, it is the the full price of $160.00
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Sounds like we have a difference of opinion on this one. What does any of the vBulletin staff have to say?

Comment

If you read the lease and upgrade terms, it seems pretty clear to me:

1. Leased only = $85.
            2. Upgrade to owned = if you decide to upgrade to owned license within 60 days, you have to pay an additional $85. I know, because I just did this!!
            3. If you want to upgrade to owned anytime after the 60 days is up, then you have to pay the full amount of $160.

Comment

The majority got it right. Within 60 days from your purchase on you can upgrade to an owned license for $85. After that you need to pay the full $160.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                The majority got it right. Within 60 days from your purchase on you can upgrade to an owned license for $85. After that you need to pay the full $160.
                Thanks for the information.

Comment

Glad I got the owned license one

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X