Form feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form feature?

We are thinking about integrating a Vbulletin forum for our beta testing group. What we would like to do is when someone posts a new thread, it also has a form on it. This form would have several boxes such as:

Name:
    Bug type: (drop down list)
    Product: (drop down list)
    Versiondrop: (down list)
    Subject:
    Description:

That way we ensure people are putting in the same content for new posts which would be bugs. Any further replies onto that post would be the normal posting reply look.

I looked around and didn't see this as a feature, and I'm not really much of tech guru when it comes to these things. Any help is greatly appreciated.

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking about this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm surprised Steve did not mention that a Project Tracker add-on is currently in development for vBulletin which is ideal for handling Bug Reporting. Once you buy vBulletin, you can sign up for the Beta Test.

You can see this Project Tracker here on vBulletin.com which is handling Bug Reports in vBulletin. It is expected to be released in the near future (presumably less than 2 months, but that is speculation). Pricing and exact availability has not been announced.

You can read more information here:
      New Official vBulletin Add-on Products
      vBulletin Project Tools Update / Private Beta Applications
      Development Status Update

If you cannot wait, there are Bug Tracker add-ons at vBulletin.org. I am not sure if the data produced in those add-ons will be importable into the Project Tracker.

Comment

That project tracker seems like it would be a nice addition, too bad I can't use it any sooner though. We are just getting into public beta testing next week. Maybe for our next product. :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X