Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migration from phpBB2 to vBulletin

Hi,
    Before I purchase vBulletin , I would like to know if it possible to migrate my phpBB2 forum to vBulletin.

Thanks,

Ricab

Yes, it is possible with Impex. Impex is available to download after you have purchased vBulletin.

Comment

Ohh! Grate!
      Is their any extra cost to payed for the Impex ?!
      and how do you evaluate the risk of such migration in respect of loosing the data?!.

And how about the multi user interface, is it available with latest version?! or it need some time to be developed

Comment

Originally posted by ricab View Post
        Ohh! Grate!
        Is their any extra cost to payed for the Impex ?!
        and how do you evaluate the risk of such migration in respect of loosing the data?!.

And how about the multi user interface, is it available with latest version?! or it need some time to be developed
        No extra charges, it comes included with licence.

It is rare for someone to loose their data while importing if it does go wrong you will still have your phpbb forum up while you are converting so you can wipe vB & start again if it goes wrong I would recommend you read the manual.

Comment

Because vBulletin Import/Export (ImpEx) reads but does not touch your phpBB database. You can import many times without hurting your phpBB forum.

You can install vBulletin, setup your colors and skins, create the forums, get everything how you want it to look, then Import your phpBB forum.

Comment

JakeS, feldon23 and Dismounted

Thank u all , put how dose the ImpEX works?! and

Can I work directly on the server ? or I have to work localy first

Comment

Originally posted by ricab View Post
              JakeS, feldon23 and Dismounted

Thank u all , put how dose the ImpEX works?! and

Can I work directly on the server ? or I have to work localy first
              http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Comment

Thanx Floob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X