About change of files and templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About change of files and templates

Tell me, please. What exactly in vBulletin is protected by the license? That is what I can change in files and templates and what is not present?
    To establish some modules it is necessary to change some files and templates. Whether it is authorized? So whether it is possible to replace any file with another with the same name, but not from the bought package? Naturally to establish a file of a patch.
    Or I can do with a forum everything? Not deleting a copyright text, naturally.
    Thanks! Excuse, if has written with mistakes.

You cna modify the code but you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages).
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I shall set still a question in this topic.
      Whether it is possible to transfer the license for other domain? For example, if I shall close one project, and then I shall open another? Or the license is for ever adhered to one domain?
      Thanks!

Comment

Yes you can do this as long as you are only running one copy of vB at a time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The license itself is related to One Site, so if you change your domain name, you just have to update your License Details here: http://members.vbulletin.com/
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Thanks! Topic closed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X