Migrating from Discuswar 4+ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating from Discuswar 4+ ?

It appears the last update on the status of Impex for Discuwar was 2005. Forgive me if there is later info available on the forum.

I have Discuswar 4.09 and am seriously considering moving the forum to Vbulletin.

Is the importer for Discus now capable of working with the MySQL database files exported from Discus, or only the text files?

How about password import from Discusware? Can the importer do that now?

In general, I guess I'm asking for an update on the current status of the importer for Discus.

Thanks much,

Gene Lambert

It looks like the importer we have for this requires the files:

DiscusWare 4 Pro tabfile (requires the tab back up file, users.txt and the admin_dir.)

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_tier_2
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Still one question. Will the importer read the user's passwords, or will all them have to be re-entered?

Thanks,

Gene

Comment

Sorry, I don't kniow since it's a Tier 2 importer. If the passwords are not hashed then they should import.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

By "hashed", do you mean encrypted? Discus encrypts passwrods. Even the administrator can't read them.

Comment

Then the passwords may not import. If that's the case your user's will need to reset their passwords:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X