AOL and other problem ISPs in VB vs PHPBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL and other problem ISPs in VB vs PHPBB

I have been using PHPBB for years and years to run a good sized forum. Recently I have a lot of trouble with AOL and other users not being able to log in and stay logged in. Is the cookie / session process with VB similar in that I can expect these same problems with it if I switch? I hope to lose that problem in the switch.

Thanks in advance!

sj

If your vB members click on the 'Remember me' box when they login, then this will keep them logged in.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Phpbb has that feature also, but the login process is often foiled by different browsers, cookies, etc. Just curious if the architecture is similar in VB as it is to phpbb thereby causing the same problems upon login. I could not find many threads here about problems logging in, so I am hopeful that it is not the case.

Thanks!

sj

Comment

Originally posted by cubdriver View Post
        Phpbb has that feature also, but the login process is often foiled by different browsers, cookies, etc. Just curious if the architecture is similar in VB as it is to phpbb thereby causing the same problems upon login. I could not find many threads here about problems logging in, so I am hopeful that it is not the case.

Thanks!

sj
        VBulletin is not based off from phpbb, so the architecture would not be the same. However, seeing as it only affects AOL members, it would seem to me the issue lies with the ISP.

Nevertheless, ask some of your members if they go onto any VBulletin forums, and if they experience the same thing.

Comment

Just so you know, AOL is notorious for having some really weird browsing issues. Often times in e-mails, AOL users will have to click on a separate link because a standard one doesn't work for them. It's because the stock AOL software uses a lot of non-standard coding.
          Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X