Text of post emailed to certain users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text of post emailed to certain users

Here's my no-experience-with-bulletin-boards newbie problem: I'm with an organization that currently uses yahoo groups. Some/most members want to switch to a bulletin board, but a few have such slow internet connections that they really need to use just email. Can those email-exclusive users get emails (full text) of all new posts throughout the board (all threads, everything), so that for them, it's not much different than yahoo groups? I think from reading other posts that it wouldn't be possible to have them respond back to the board, but I guess they could just respond to the old yahoo group, which everyone will still have.

Thanks for your time!

The available vB email options are to receive:

- an email on the next new post in a thread the member has subscribed to, and no more email until the members logs in.
    - a daily digest of new posts in a forum they have subscribed to
    - a weekly digest of new posts in the forum

There is no function to post via mail. vB is designed to work as an online community and not a mail group.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

just a clarification for the inexperienced.

Thanks so much for your fast response. So individual emails aren't going to work the way we need, but a daily digest sounds feasible. Can the adminstrator him or herself just set things up to have some people subscribed to all the forums so that they can get a daily digest of everything posted all over the whole board?
      Thanks, much appreciated

- a daily digest of new posts in a forum they have subscribed to
      - a weekly digest of new posts in the forum

Comment

No, there is no function to do that. Your members will need to subscribe to the daily digest for each forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X