Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 3.5 vs. 3.6?

Hello.

I'm wondering what the main differences between 3.5 and 3.6 versions are... basically I'd like to know why 3.5 has a separate set of forums here and 3.6 another set...
    Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

They are different versions with different feature sets, 3.6 has more features and is the current stable release. 3.5 is the older release which is a security fix only versions right now.

Comment

Ah... did you go from 3.0 to 3.5? What's got me confused is that you have forums for 3, 3.5 and 3.6...
      Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

Why shouldn't we? We've had version 3 3.5 and 3.6, many users running each, there is also a 2.x forum at the bottom of the page because while rarely do questions come up people still use that too

Comment

I probably wasn't clear enough... what's confused me is that there was nothing between 3 and 3.5 in terms of forums here. From your post I assume that you've skipped 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4, which explains things... is that correct?

Comment

Yes, there was no 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4, the differences between 3.0 and the next version were drastic enough to warrent a differnt verison, but not quite so drasticly differnt that it was 4.0, so 3.5 was chosen.

Comment

Thanks, all clear now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X