vBulletin & IIS 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin & IIS 6

It would be really helpful to know if there are any issues having vBulletin running on iis6.
    Is there anything I need to do additionally after installing php and mysql on windows 2003 before purchasing vBulletin. I did manage to get the test page running successfully after installing php and mysql and configuring IIS6.

Also I did read in the faqs it is possible to upgrade from a leased to an owned license for an additional $85 within 60 days of purchase but would it also be possible to purchase a 'branding free' license at a cost of $120 per license when upgrading from leased to owned license.

Originally posted by IVANY View Post
    It would be really helpful to know if there are any issues having vBulletin running on iis6.
    Is there anything I need to do additionally after installing php and mysql on windows 2003 before purchasing vBulletin. I did manage to get the test page running successfully after installing php and mysql and configuring IIS6.
    Personally, I have no direct knowledge of this type of setup beyond having tested vB on my own 2003R2 server with success, I'd say you're good to go if the test-script says so. I know there are users in this community who run vB like this, so maybe they will share some insight.
    Also I did read in the faqs it is possible to upgrade from a leased to an owned license for an additional $85 within 60 days of purchase but would it also be possible to purchase a 'branding free' license at a cost of $120 per license when upgrading from leased to owned license.
    The branding free licence is an option on the order-page, just as the lease-upgrade is, so yes, this is possible.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Branding Free is a fixed price, and you can do it on Owned[strike_temp], but not on Leased[/strike_temp].
      Last edited by feldon23; Thu 26 Apr '07, 9:57am.

Comment

Feldon23, that is not correct.

You can buy the Branding Fee with either an owned or leased license. The Branding Free option is a one time cost and is valid for the life of the license you purchase it for.

If you have leased license and branding free and wish to upgrade to an owned the branding free will still apply to the upgraded owned license.

Comment

I am overwhelmed by your responses and believe that I should infact go ahead with it.

Thank you all for your quick replies.

Comment

Good luck, IVANY, and welcome to the fold.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

smtp..

How did you get SMTP verification working on IIS6 , what steps were taken?

Thanks!

Comment

PHP handles your emailing just fine, just be sure to set up the email-sections in the configs.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X