Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you guys sure i can't get someone from the company to help me make my site, i know support is good but i have no idea about anything and i would be asking like 20 questions an hour
    I would be happy to pay the amount of a custom skin being made ..
    Thanks

Comment

Actually, you'd be worse off, imnsho, if you had that help and didn't take the time to ask those 20 q/hr, but that's just lil' old me talking. Feel free to ignore...It's your forum and you get to run it..Why, wait, that's why I was ranting.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

You also wonder why theres a lot more people on the vb community rather than ips beyond and invision power company forums. It probably means something Anyway I will purchase vb

Comment

Originally posted by shadow82x View Post
          You also wonder why theres a lot more people on the vb community rather than ips beyond and invision power company forums. It probably means something Anyway I will purchase vb
          To be fair to IPB, it isn't an accurate representation of which is a better application.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
            To be fair to IPB, it isn't an accurate representation of which is a better application.
            Tho, it could say alot about which has the more active (and involved?) community.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              Tho, it could say alot about which has the more active (and involved?) community.
              If it was based on user activity, debatable. It's subjective I suppose and to which point of view, and what data is being looked at. But the original argument was based on members, not user activity.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

ON the Fence

Does VB have an archive feature?

Comment

Yes it does.

I guess if all you are needing is a forum, I'd definately go with VB. If you need a content manager, blog, or gallery as well, I'd stick with IP.

Comment

Originally posted by snowygirl View Post
                    Does VB have an archive feature?
                    Would this suffice?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/index.php

Comment

All I am going to say is, vBulletin is lacking alot, I am pretty disappointed with the 3.x series. Maybe a developer can take this into account?

1. For god sake, use OOP, when will you start using it? OOP has so many more advantages, you can scrap globals for one, which can be classed as more of a security risk, you can setup one main class and run it through every other script, like IPB does ($this->ipsclass etc.).

2. Why is the admin panel still a split screen , you have to keep up, I mean take a look at IPB's admin panel, its hot

3. All this support argument, just because both companies have different strategies, doesnt mean one is better then the other?

4. Make some good addons..., I mean as soon as IP.Dynamic comes out, you will be thrashed I am afraid, people will see that with IP.Converge (Already out), they can make a website with Dynamic, create a community with IP.Board, have blogs, downloads, gallerys AND Converge it with other sites.

My two cents, I always prefer IPB and always will, I just think for a developer like me, it is easier to navigate and code (OOP!!!), it looks nicer then the vb skin, the admin cp thrashes vB, and the addons make it better

Comment

Originally posted by AH Modding View Post
                        I mean as soon as IP.Dynamic comes out, you will be thrashed I am afraid, people will see that with IP.Converge (Already out), they can make a website with Dynamic, create a community with IP.Board, have blogs, downloads, gallerys AND Converge it with other sites.
                        Personally, I agree that IP.Dynamic, and their existing IP.Converge should be very closely looked at. I think those offerings if they are successful will very likely bring about a lot of Vbulletin customers into making the switch. However, IP Dynamic has been in development for years, with no release in sight. Their blog offering is lacking in several areas, same with gallery. That's not to say Vbulletin is superior, because each has it's benefits.

Just that right now, IP, offers more community solutions than Jelsoft. That may change in the future, it may not. But that's the decision Jelsoft has made. They wanted to focus on message boards, and IP wanted to focus on offering complete community solutions.

Thankfully the market is big enough to support pure forum users, and those wanting a more community focused development.

Comment

Vb may have some areas to catch up in, but overall, there are so many great 3rd part add ons for vbulletin that vb is great for myself
                          Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

1. We use OOP

2. Because while there are a good number of people who think like you, theres an equal number of people who think like me and prefer the current frammed layout. I've goten several compliements about it this month actually on the phone.

Comment

I don't know what you mean like this. There are many people who use IPB and have accounts on IPS.beyond. But, like Jelsoft, many of the largest customers don't make accounts on the official company forums.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X