Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar Question

Hi,

I'm considering moving from phpBB to vBulletin as part of an upgrade to the site as a whole. There's a lot of info I want to integrate from the forums onto the front page of the site. One of which is a list of currently active forum threads (but I've seen the external feed stuff in the demo). The other would be the calendar.

Is it possible to have the calendar on the front page by using a feed of some kind? I'm not talking about the detailed view but rather a simply view as you see in the bottom left of the calendar link in these forums, displaying one month only. If a user were to click on the calendar it would redirect them to the forum exactly as would happen if they were in the forum calendar section itself.

Thanks

Mike

That requires custom coding or using one of the unofficial portal add-ons for vB. You can check the vB more site for more info: www.vbulletin.org
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        ... You can check the vB more site for more info: www.vbulletin.org
        That's a new one. I could swear I read "vB mod".
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

You are write of coarse.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Generally if people want the Calendar, Latest Threads, etc. on a kind of "front page" they just get vBAdvanced.

Comment

Didn't know about vBAdvanced. I'm assuming it's pretty secure right? If it was pretty well protected from hacks then it'd solve all the problems I've been looking at. Always pays to ask these things before you get yourself into something you can't get out of....

Thanks

Mike

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X