vBulletin integration with current site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin integration with current site

I currently have a site I wrote in asp.net 2.0 and would like to integrate a vB forum on it perhaps to a subfolder or subdomain. I have seen many tutorials on installing PHP on IIS and MySQL runs on on it too but is it stable and relativitly isssue free where vB is concerned?

Also, is there a way to integrate a php page with an asp.net page? I want to use membership logins on the asp side for some ecommerce on newsletters groups but dont want to have two logins or unsynchronized member accounts for the vB forum too.

Thanks
    Jedi Software Developer

Hi, I had a pretty similar set of questions. If it's of any interest the answers I've had can be found here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226289

I've got VB running on win2003 server with IIS / PHP / MySQL installed. It works fine, no issues.

Comment

Yes, looks like just about the same situation. Thanks.
      I searched around a bit but found most threads did not answer my question.

I wanted to purchase a few permenant licenses and dont want to commit until I know its feasible.
      Server 2003 SP-2 is what I am running so should be all good.
      Jedi Software Developer

Comment

Say, is it also possible to use MS SQL Server instead of MySQL?
        Any AddOns for that or just custom coding?
        Jedi Software Developer

Comment

vBulletin requires MySQL and PHP.

Comment

Yes I know but I heard there was a way to run it with SQL Server as the backend. Is this true?

PHP is a given.
            Jedi Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by RobDog888 View Post
              Yes I know but I heard there was a way to run it with SQL Server as the backend. Is this true?
              Keep in mind that even if there if there is a way to run it using MS SQL it would not be a supported configuration. This would leave you high and dry in in terms of support if you have any problems. Not a situation you want to be in!

Comment

True, I just dont like MySQL and I have acces to MS SQL. This is not a major issue. Just mostly looking for how to login via asp.net page to the php page of vB. Need synchronized logins and central management of user accounts.[/color]
                Jedi Software Developer

Comment

Is it possible to, from the asp.net page, do the actual login without having to use a php page? The previous link only suggests is possible but must be executed from a php page.

I found this link where cookie sharing or such is suggested but is it possible?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...39&postcount=4
                  Jedi Software Developer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X