Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB -> vBulletin

Hello,

I have a firend who wants to move from phpBB to vB. He has installed the "attachment" addon in phpBB. Will vBulletin import system know how to put the attachments? What about the avatars?

I never "imported" a phpBB into a vB.

Thanks.
    GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.

Yes, this should work. He'll just need to specify the full path to the phpBB attachment directory.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Attachments is the only mod that is supported. Attachments in phpBB are imported.

Avatars are a little more hit-or-miss, especially if you have an avatar gallery that users were picking their avatars out of, rather than uploading. I ended up having to re-do about half of the avatars myself, downloading them on the phpBB and uploading them into vB's user control panel for each user.

Comment

Does the import of attachments still apply on the current builds?

Thanks
        GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews

REMEMBER : Life is better with animals.

Comment

Impex supports the attachments modification for phpbb2. AFAIK attachments are a default feature in phpbb3. Impex also supports importing from phpbb3.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X