Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you add adverts, banners & custom logos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Probably but that's a question for www.vbulletin.org. I don't know how to do that.

Leave a comment:

• kingmotox
    replied
    is there a code that i can add with the banner code that would automatically refresh that portion every 30 second?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This sounds like a problem with that mod and/or your browwser cache settings. The only option in vB that would possibly fix this is:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Add No-Cache HTTP Headers -> Yes

Of course that will increase bandwidth since nothing will be cached.

Leave a comment:

• kingmotox
    replied
    when it is in the header template it wont reload the banner while browsing forums only with a page refresh. how can i fix this

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just copy-n-paste the code into your vB header template or wherever you want it.

Leave a comment:

• Tank2255
    replied
    Can anyone respond how easy it is to add in banner ads to your forum? I had SMF before and it was a very easy, just copy paste the code into the ad mod. I have been searching for awhile now and can not seem to find how to do this with VB? I assume its very easy or probably in the manual and I missed it.....

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jack-Flash
    replied
    For my logo I used:
    http://thelogocompany.net

I was happy with them. You can see my logo here:
    http://www.archeryboard.com

Leave a comment:

• jasonlitka
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
    Wouldn't the companies advertising on YOUR site provide YOU with the banner ads?
    Actually, for some of my larger sites we have a guy in-house that does the design work for them. If they want something like an animated gif they have to provide it though.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Wouldn't the companies advertising on YOUR site provide YOU with the banner ads? You just have to tell them roughly what size ad you are willing to show and how much you're willing to pay. And I have to say if your site is just starting out, generally you will not be "big time" enough to be negotiating with individual companies to show ads. Instead you'll sign up for Google or Doubleclick or someone else who shows ads on your site from a huge menu of ads that are tailored to the subject matter of your site. Go through the application process for Doubleclick, etc. and if your brain doesn't explode from the detailed questions, you'll understand more about how banner ad systems work. My site is ad-free so I am not up on the latest trends.

If you have no graphic design experience, then you'll probably want to find a graphic designer to create any artwork or designs you need on your site. Unless you have a friend who will do this for free, be prepared to pay something. Solicitation for services is not done at this site, but at vBulletin.org under the paid requests section.

There are dozens of graphic design, illustration, and photo editing programs from Microsoft Paint ($0) to Macromedia Fireworks ($200 I think) to Adobe Photoshop ($649) to fit all budgets and skill levels.

Leave a comment:

• Messer
    started a topic How do you add adverts, banners & custom logos?

How do you add adverts, banners & custom logos?

As mentioned in earlier threads i am looking to buy a licence of vBulletin but need to get some things cleared up before hand.

One of them is the ability to add adverts, is this a straightforward process?

What software do people use to actually make the adverts?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for software to help create company logos?

I am very new to this so please bear with me!

Thanks!
    Anthony
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X