Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing your own logos & colour scheme

Hi.

As mentioned in my previous post I am considering buying a licence but before I go ahead I just had a couple of simple questions..

I have no forum administration experience at all (although I use a lot of forums!) and also have no programming knowledge either so know nothing about databases or anything like that, I am however fairly computer literate!

I had a look around the admin demo which all looked OK, however I was wondering how simple it is to add things like your own logos, graphics and colour schemes etc?

Also, how easy is it to add adverts to the forums? Is this straightforward even for a complete novice?

Thanks,
    Anthony

To add advertisements, the best way is to use phpAdsNew. And use a vBulletin intregration mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Messer View Post
      I had a look around the admin demo which all looked OK, however I was wondering how simple it is to add things like your own logos, graphics and colour schemes etc?
      Adding logos and graphics requires some basic FTP knowledge to upload the files. vBulletin uses "StyleVars" so you can easily change the name of an image, or move certain graphics to a different folder. There is a CSS Color Control Panel for changing the entire color scheme.

Originally posted by Messer View Post
      Also, how easy is it to add adverts to the forums? Is this straightforward even for a complete novice?

Thanks,
      Anthony
      Placing the ads requires copying and pasting a chunk of HTML into one of your templates. vBulletin uses ~160 templates (snippets of HTML) to display everything on your forum. You would add your banner ad code to the header, navbar, etc. templates.

This is pretty easy if you have ever edited an HTML file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X