IPB > vB and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB > vB and other questions

Hello, I currently host multiple IPB boards and am looking to span them to more servers and such. I currently love IPB because of the way it runs on my servers and already got it planned to cluster to web & database then web | php | database for a total of 3 servers this possible with vB?

Also hows the attachments system, it run similar to IPB? Anyway to get it similar to IPB?

http://compsupportforums.com/forums/...=0&#entry16083

I need thumbnails and such, I require members to upload to the board on my forums, its helpfull I can resize the thumbnails and such easially. Well Invision has been a ***** recently and I was wondering how the grass was on the otherside

So throw your best at me to tell me how it is and such and thanks if its better I wouldn't mind converting all my boards

Not sure if this is what you are asking but vB does have the option to show thumbnails for attachement and you can set the thumbnail size to your specifications. (Note: This does require either having PHP with GD support or ImageMagick installed on the server.)

If I misunderstood the question, please let me know.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Not sure if this is what you are asking but vB does have the option to show thumbnails for attachement and you can set the thumbnail size to your specifications. (Note: This does require either having PHP with GD support or ImageMagick installed on the server.)

If I misunderstood the question, please let me know.
      Thanks, Now would it be possible for all my invision topics with attachments to keep them? I do have GD enabled

Comment

Yes, we have an importer for IPB that will import that data.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_ipb2 (IPB 2)

Please note that since IPB passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks I'm gonan keep looking around and will prolly change one site as a test, thanks btw

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X