• Floris
    replied
    Current information about pricing and availability:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225281

Leave a comment:

• Psionic Vision
    replied
    Originally posted by Discussions View Post
    No one should ever be accused or even a finger pointed at - in suspicion of pirating materials unless you can provide evidence of such statement.
    Please take a closer look at my post and maybe you will notice a question mark at the end of the sentence.

Originally posted by Discussions View Post
    “But if I am wrong and he is not using pirated vBulletin - well, very good.”

Should be

“But if I am wrong and he is not using pirated vBulletin - then I honestly apologize for my childish bickering. “

And I must apologize to Jelsoft for my off-topic reply. I just couldn't let P.V. get away with his unfounded rhetoric against another member.
    I have no relation to you and you are not a staff member, so it is not very clear as to why you are making it your business to judge what I say. I am sure that if I say something that is wrong and/or unacceptable, the staff here will handle it properly.

Leave a comment:

• Omri.L
    replied
    I think that it's a positive thing that the add-ons are not free. money is motivation and resources - and we need those two so that the developers could come up with a new ideas (especially for vBulletin).

Leave a comment:

• Comtech
    replied
    Originally posted by Psionic Vision View Post
    Well, if a pesron uses pirated commercial modifications for commercial software, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that the same person uses pirated commercial software too? In my opinion it is and so he could be using pirated vBulletin... I'm just pointing it out. But if I am wrong and he is not using pirated vBulletin - well, very good.
    You are looking at this from the wrong direction. The member never claimed to use pirated goods of any sort and only claimed that he would never pay for an add-on to vBulletin when there are reasonably stable and feature rich alternatives at vBulletin.org.

No one should ever be accused or even a finger pointed at - in suspicion of pirating materials unless you can provide evidence of such statement. Otherwise it is extremely irresponsible of you for going after a person’s credibility.

“But if I am wrong and he is not using pirated vBulletin - well, very good.”

Should be

“But if I am wrong and he is not using pirated vBulletin - then I honestly apologize for my childish bickering. “

And I must apologize to Jelsoft for my off-topic reply. I just couldn't let P.V. get away with his unfounded rhetoric against another member.
    Last edited by Comtech; Thu 29 Mar '07, 10:28am.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Well, if a pesron uses pirated commercial modifications for commercial software, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect that the same person uses pirated commercial software too? In my opinion it is and so he could be using pirated vBulletin... I'm just pointing it out. But if I am wrong and he is not using pirated vBulletin - well, very good.
    Honestly, this is off topic and also, he didn't say he will use free software, he simply said he will go for something he can find that does the same job for free on vbulletin.org or whatever. He didnt meantion he would not pay for the forum software itself .

Leave a comment:

• forumguy
    replied
    Yes I can see where your getting at - someone doesn't want to pay for vB Blog = Maybe he doesn't want to pay for vB, but we do not know that for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Psionic Vision
    replied
    Originally posted by forumguy View Post
    But look at his reasons:

1. He's talking about the use of vB Blog. 2. He's probably talking about the free mods available.
    Last edited by Psionic Vision; Thu 29 Mar '07, 9:30am.

Leave a comment:

• forumguy
    replied
    But look at his reasons:

#1 I have no use for a blog addon. #2 I wouldn't want to pay for something I can get elsewhere for free.
    1. He's talking about the use of vB Blog. 2. He's probably talking about the free mods available.

Leave a comment:

• Psionic Vision
    replied
    Originally posted by forumguy View Post
    He's talking about vB Blog, not the main product.
    I know. But since it's possible to get vBulletin for free too, according to his logic he should be using a pirated version of main software too.

Leave a comment:

• forumguy
    replied
    So then you are probably using pirated vBulletin too, huh?
    I agree w/ post #37.

This is because if the ImpEx product costed something, it would be harder to steal customers of other forum software packages.
    He's talking about vB Blog, not the main product.

Leave a comment:

• Psionic Vision
    replied
    Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
    If vB does charge, I won't be buying it at all. #1 I have no use for a blog addon. #2 I wouldn't want to pay for something I can get elsewhere for free.
    So then you are probably using pirated vBulletin too, huh?
    I agree w/ post #37.

Originally posted by Floris View Post
    vBulletin Forum Software : $85 / $160
    vBulletin ImpEx Product : $0

So not always
    This is because if the ImpEx product costed something, it would be harder to steal customers of other forum software packages.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasmin View Post
    I agree. We're here because it's paid software.

Paid software is a very good thing, when the people you're paying are good at what they do.

It think a lot of people here must be either 13 years old, or otherwise have escaped the simple realities of of economics or exchange. People need to eat, raise their kids, pay their rent, that kind of thing. We give them money to do so, and they give us killer apps. It's a good deal! It's the same as trading apples for oranges, but with money as a go-between.

OTOH -- yeah, there's also some smart cookies here who would see bundling it as good marketing strategy. Maybe it would be for sales.On the other hand, with extra revenue they can have more programmers working on it to make it awesome. I think I'd rather pay an extra $30-$100 for it, so we'd get regular updates more often. A higher quality plugin that will take on a life of it's own.
    Agreed. If you pay, the speed of development increases especially if there is a high demand .

Leave a comment:

• Jasmin
    replied
    Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
    It should absolutely not be free!

The reason many of us buy vB is because the support is excellent - and if there was no income for a particular product support for it would suffer. Good support staff cost money, and money comes from us lot buying the products.

If you are looking for freebies, try opensource applications, or free hacks on vborg.

If you don't have the money to buy the official product, and really want it - save up!!
    I agree. We're here because it's paid software.

Paid software is a very good thing, when the people you're paying are good at what they do.

It think a lot of people here must be either 13 years old, or otherwise have escaped the simple realities of of economics or exchange. People need to eat, raise their kids, pay their rent, that kind of thing. We give them money to do so, and they give us killer apps. It's a good deal! It's the same as trading apples for oranges, but with money as a go-between.

OTOH -- yeah, there's also some smart cookies here who would see bundling it as good marketing strategy. Maybe it would be for sales.On the other hand, with extra revenue they can have more programmers working on it to make it awesome. I think I'd rather pay an extra $30-$100 for it, so we'd get regular updates more often. A higher quality plugin that will take on a life of it's own.

Leave a comment:

• Razasharp
    replied
    It should absolutely not be free!

The reason many of us buy vB is because the support is excellent - and if there was no income for a particular product support for it would suffer. Good support staff cost money, and money comes from us lot buying the products.

If you are looking for freebies, try opensource applications, or free hacks on vborg.

If you don't have the money to buy the official product, and really want it - save up!!

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    the more Jelsoft offer free stuff, the more they will have to pay coders to provide support... because there will be more and more clients... this is not positive...

that's why IPB have highered their prices... that's why phpBB and PostNuke are not working as commercial products...

Jelsoft have to charge for their softwares.. even a 10$ will help...

if you are able to provide blogs to your community, you are able to pay for the great support the guys give here...

you don't need support ?! don't renew your license. that's all...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X