Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that case, I will give you a fact: I do not know if Jelsoft wants to charge for it, and if they decide to do so, how much. I have not been provided that information (sorry!).

I didn't post it to keep you guessing more, just pointing out we haven't asked money for every script we wrote

script.. product.. addons.. whatever one likes to call it.

I consider ImpEx a product, as it runs standalone too, but indeed, it's a script on top of vBulletin, it doesn't 'import' as a product like vborg-addons.

Comment

I wasn't trying to cause any problems, just stating what I considered ImpEx to be, but I do see your general point.
      The Relationship Forum
      The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Don't worry, you're not causing problems Just discussing!

Comment

Originally posted by bmc View Post
          I wasn't trying to cause any problems, just stating what I considered ImpEx to be, but I do see your general point.
          Some like to be difficult at times .

Comment

Originally posted by mgaidia View Post
            because it will boost their sales
            strategies asides i think it will cost $35~$40
            Maybe, but the downside is that even if sales go up, cost (from support, development, etc.) would go up as well, and a move like that could make them lose money in the long run.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
              Maybe, but the downside is that even if sales go up, cost (from support, development, etc.) would go up as well, and a move like that could make them lose money in the long run.
              Very good point indeed. I don't think development costs would go up however support would go up definitely.

Comment

even if the blog thingy is 50$+, nobody can complain, because the actual only other alternative is vblogetin, and it is deceiving actually... and if vblogetin is bought by Jelsoft to make it their own script, i will not buy it... i would prefer MyGTblog, from Princeton at 200$...
                oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Whats wrong with the add-on only being available to those with active licenses? I'm sure there are plenty of people who have VB but don't currently have an active license. Thats $30 (if owned) for each of them that wants the add-on.

For those of us who have active licenses.. we've basically already paid for an upgrade to our vb by keeping our license active.

That's my 2 cents

Comment

active licenses does not have a single link with the release of addons... you do not need "actually" to be active to be able to use that tool... where did you read that detail ?!
                    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

I agree ; I think if someone has an active license they should be able to receive free add-on.

Truth
                      There are many websites with custom mods for vBulletin which cost nothing. If cost is a concern, you can probably find the same add-ons (lower quality and security, of course) for free.

If $50 to you is a big investment then maybe you shouldn't be buying it? Running a popular forum $50 doesn't take long time to earn using Adsense or donations. If you cannot raise $50, you probably don't have the need for user blogging software on your forum.

My 2 cents.
                      Last edited by czarmarcus; Sun 25 Mar '07, 1:51pm. Reason: brain cramp

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
                        even if the blog thingy is 50$+, nobody can complain, because the actual only other alternative is vblogetin, and it is deceiving actually... and if vblogetin is bought by Jelsoft to make it their own script, i will not buy it... i would prefer MyGTblog, from Princeton at 200$...
                        out of curosity, whats so wrong about vblogetin? I havent used it but was considering it at one point a few months back. Kier did say that there blog was home brewed though.
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                          out of curosity, whats so wrong about vblogetin? I havent used it but was considering it at one point a few months back. Kier did say that there blog was home brewed though.
                          Nothing is wrong. It's a great product. People prefer official products simply because this way Jelsoft can provide better support in the event vBulletin does not function correctly.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

active licenses does not have a single link with the release of addons... you do not need "actually" to be active to be able to use that tool... where did you read that detail ?!
                            I didn't read it anywhere.. I was just giving my 2 cents on what Addons should 'COST'

They should 'COST' an active liscence. That is my opinion.. that's all .. don't read more into it than that. It is what it is and nothing more..

Comment

If vB does charge, I won't be buying it at all. #1 I have no use for a blog addon. #2 I wouldn't want to pay for something I can get elsewhere for free.

Comment

That's okay. One could also call the cost of such add-ons an incentive for the company to support, develop, and even come up with new additions to the add-on series. If there's no incentive on their part, why should they bother?
                                Personally, I'm happy they made the choice to launch their own add-on solutions, even if there's a multitude of free ones that to some extent work with vBulletin. Why? I'm expecting them to be of the same high standard as vBulltin is, which cannot be said for the free alternatives.
                                Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X