Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting

first of all im very new to programming servers staff...i want to buy a domain name and hosting.Web Space 250 GB Monthly Transfer Volume 2,500 GB FTP Accounts 25 Server Side Includes (SSI) MySQL Database (100 MB) 50 thats its ok?this is 1&1 hosting (is more for websites but maybe i can put vb on it?) i dont know please somebody tell me what exactly i need.maybe i need a server?but that costs too much money...where can i find something cheap?thx for your help in advance

This forum is a vBulletin presales area, I don`t think this question relates to vBulletin questions.

Comment

If you are planning to run vBulletin on this webhost, then you might run into the 100Mb limit for the MySQL databases. A host that has such a limit i would not recommend.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by t3nt3tion View Post
        This forum is a vBulletin presales area, I don`t think this question relates to vBulletin questions.
        Helping people get what they need to run vBulletin is certainly a valid Pre-Sales question.

Comment

ok where do i have to ask?please answer me to this question:what space do u recomment for the vbulletin?can u tell me some examples about space?if i have 100 MB how many members can i have to my forum?can u propose to me a hosting service?i ask you because i want to buy vbulletin thats why im asking here!can i use this server above for my forum and run a secontary server for the database?if yes how can i make do something like thatthank you very much

Comment

please i really need your help here.

how many space i need for my database?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by @lx
              if i have 100 MB how many members can i have to my forum?
              About 1500, I suppose. I'd say that a 800 MB hosting is a good way to start.
              The specifics of custom design

Comment

It is not good to have database size separate from website size. 1&1 hosting has 100MB database limit which is just stupid. But for the first year, you will probably not reach that 100mb limit. Also, you can store Attachments in files instead of database to keep the database smaller.

Comment

thank you very much for your help.

so now i have problem...hm.

can anybody give me a good and cheap solution?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X