Root Admin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the topic starter is confused.

The way to set up a forum for only super adminstrators to see is create a new usergroup. Add both you and your partner to the new usergroup. Once you create your private forums you can edit the forum permissions to disallow everyone except the usergroup you've just created from viewing the private forums.

Comment

Originally posted by harmor View Post
      I'm sure the topic starter is confused.

The way to set up a forum for only super adminstrators to see is create a new usergroup. Add both you and your partner to the new usergroup. Once you create your private forums you can edit the forum permissions to disallow everyone except the usergroup you've just created from viewing the private forums.

but can't admins still see the usergroup ?

Comment

Originally posted by aspen1018 View Post
        but can't admins still see the usergroup ?
        You can deny permissions for the regular admins from editing the usergroups.

If you do not trust the user to be administrator then why make him admin in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by harmor View Post
          You can deny permissions for the regular admins from editing the usergroups.

If you do not trust the user to be administrator then why make him admin in the first place?

trust isn't the issue

the issue is my partner and I want to be able to discuss certain things which I don't want the other admins to see

the reason we are having admins is because we can't be on the forum alot of the time

Comment

Then have super moderators? Administrators with the ability to change usergroups or set access masks or edit forums will be able to get into things they possibly shouldn't.

What do these users who are not you and your partner need to be able to do

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Then have super moderators? Administrators with the ability to change usergroups or set access masks or edit forums will be able to get into things they possibly shouldn't.

What do these users who are not you and your partner need to be able to do

that's just it

I trust them to do the above mentioned things and want them to have the ability to do so

I just want one forum they cannot see and to not have the ability to delete or modify our two accts.

Comment

If you give them all of that access, then they have it and it becomes a trust issue if the forums are hidden. You can make yourself, and your other administrator uneditable, and them as well, but they could easily change the forum permissions to allow themselfs to see it. Theres no way around it.

Comment

ok so what is the difference between admins and super moderators ?

Comment

Administrators have access to the admincp and what you let them access in it, super moderators are global moderators, by default they have full moderator access to any forums they can see. If they cannot access a forum they cannot moderate it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X