Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owned license question

Hi,

I've searched around (for an hour) and couldn't find a specific answer to this.
    If I purchase an Owned License, it is said that [vBulletin licence grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each licence purchased.]

To me, an 'instance' is an active installed piece of software. I'm not quite sure if this wording is directly implying through the parantheses that you can only install it once. I wonder this because I'd probably buy a license for fun and take it offline to mod/publish on a ghost site(to show partners, etc) until I would find a community related project I'd want to develop.

-Does the owned license only entitle me to 1 installation, forever? For instance, is it possible to change a domain name with your license or would that license become void? Will provide an example: I put my vb on ABC.com, but ABC.com gradually dies/renames/migrates to DEF.net - would I be able to use my owned license to power DEF.net after ABC.com is killed?

I couldn't really find this answer, maybe I'm just not reading things right right now. At any rate, I'd like that answered because that's the only constraint for me to consider in purchasing a license. Ty

No, you can reinstall it as many times as you like, as long as only one installation is active at a time.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

And you are allowed to install a test copy, provided it is password-protected and only shown to a few people for demonstration purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
        And you are allowed to install a test copy, provided it is password-protected and only shown to a few people for demonstration purposes.

Its supposed to be in a folder called vbtest too

Comment

testvb actually.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Can the test copy be installed to a different domain and different database?

I'd like to have it set like this so I can occasionally take dumps of the live data and place it into the test database and test modifications without hurting the livesite.

Comment

Yes and yes.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X