split ownership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split ownership?

me and a friend were going in half on a license can we both access the site since we are both buying it together... is there a rule or law prohibiting us from own a license together..stupid question just had to ask...

Our system only allows a license to be associated with one owner. Be advised that each license can also only be used for one instance of vBulletin.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

i know that rule... we are not gonna use it for multiple forums only one forum that we are both going half on... can we both login under that one account? and if there are any issues can i speak for the owner...

Comment

The issue is that only one of you can be the legal owner of that license and if the other one ever installs a second copy somewhere this could result in your license being revoked for piracy.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

understood we are both responsible enough not to do that... last question can we both speak as the owners... i.e. if something goes wrong and we need to contact yall..

Comment

You would have to do that through the support system and all replies would go to the owner's email address.

However both of you will be able to get support on the forums.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              You would have to do that through the support system and all replies would go to the owner's email address.

However both of you will be able to get support on the forums.
              cool so we both can do that...but only one legal owner... got it...

Comment

Working...
              X