Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import from Webwiz 7.8? (FAQ only mentions 7.9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kpmedia
    replied
    FYI, all versions of Web Wiz 7.x use the same database. This is a direct statement from the creator of the forum, and is seen once or twice on his forum. There should be no reason to update to 7.9 specifically.

Same goes for all 8.x versions, those use the same database. (Not the same as 7.x, but all 8.x are the same.)

There is a tool to convert 7.x to 8.x.

The current version is 9.x, and it might also use the same database structure as 8.x (not 100% positive on this one).

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    the best way to be sure no data is lost is by upgrading your WebWiz to the 7.9 version... or check if there is major changes in the database structure between the versions (on the webwiz site you will know quickly) btw, they are now to the 8.05 version, maybe the ImpEx here will have to be updated too...

Leave a comment:

• forumguy
    replied
    They should work. 7.8 and 7.9 probably don't have any major differences.

Leave a comment:

• Fireproof
    started a topic Import from Webwiz 7.8? (FAQ only mentions 7.9)

Import from Webwiz 7.8? (FAQ only mentions 7.9)

I'm considering purchasing vBulletin and my concern is with importing my data from Web Wiz v7.8 running on MSSQL.

Your Import doc mentions that you have a script for Web Wiz 7.9. Will that work on my 7.8 as well? If not, any recommendations for accomplishing the task?