PHPBB vs. Vbulletin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB vs. Vbulletin...

I currently use PHPBBB on my forum: http://www.utvrally.com/index.php but I'm getting sick of having to add mods to make it more user friendly. Is it worth it to upgrade and pay for vbulletin, and will it include most everything most people want in a forum? I know that's a general question, so does the standard stuff I need is the following:

1) Topic Watch
    2) Forum Watch
    3) Youtube videos in threads
    4) Paypal donate button
    5) Event Calendars
    6) Upload pictures
    7) ...There's more, but those are the basics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Chris
    www.utvrally.com

1 & 2. You can subscribe to threads and forums and receive update notifications via email for these.

3 & 4. There are modifications available at our modification community vBulletin.org which do these.

5. The calendar is a default feature and uses usergroup permissions to control who can view it and add/edit events.

6. Uploading of attachments, including images, is a default feature.

If you would like to try vBulletin for yourself to see exactly what is included, then we have an admin demo available here:
    www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    The demo lasts for 24 hours.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thanks! I've ordered it, but I'm still waiting for my confirmation email with my customer # so I can download it.

Chris
      www.utvrally.com

Comment

3. This does NOT require code modification. In fact it is a bbCode that you add.

4. This is NOT a code modification and can be done by editing any template you choose. vBulletin allows you to edit the HTML from within the control panel.

6. Attachments, Attachment Thumbnails, and many other add-ons for phpBB are built into vBulletin.

Comment

Yes, I've got installed and working through all the settings, etc to get it the way I like it. I've definitely got some things I want to add to it, but nothing major. I added the youtube function, but I can't get it to work: http://www.utvrally.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151

I can't tell if it's my work computer block it or if it's just not working. Would someone on here mind checking?

Chris
          www.utvrally.com

Comment

It works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by harmor View Post
              It works for me.
              Me 2

Comment

Congrats on buying vBulletin and making the migration from phpBB!

You should be able to post any further tech support questions in the How Do I and Troubleshooting forums. If not, complete the process here.

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for all the help.

Chris
                  www.utvrally.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X