Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    There should not be a hosting that also comes with vB license. If you are the owner of the license you're free to move it to any other hosting provider you want to. You're the owner of the license, not the hosting company.

If they are, and you agreed to some rules that you can't take the license with you, because they remain the owner. Then I strongly recommend to just buy a new license.

Transfer the data over to the new hosting account and upload your new license files. This should work, pending there are no source code modifications installed or database addons applied.

For a full checkup on this I recommend to start a support ticket and have our staff look into this for your particular situation.

Leave a comment:

• heirJORDAN
    started a topic Question About Transfer

Question About Transfer

I actually purchased a domain and it came with a leased VB that expires in August. I'm aware I'll have to just purchase my own license, but what I'm thinking about doing is just moving whatever may be left on the database (members, posts, etc.) to a site under another name after I buy my own license.

Question is, can I do that? Also, is there anyway to see what's on the database without uploading the forums? I've been having a problem doing that, so if I can get around having to, it'd be nice.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X