X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MThornback
    replied
    Originally posted by Auric View Post
    I have to wait until the end of February to buy vBulletin because I'm switching hosts for Yahoo ughh! and I can't unless it's been 60 days.

I've been looking around the web and trying to figure some things out in advance using the demo so I don't have to learn everything all at once - I'm too eager to get my forum up and running.

I want my forum to have columns on the side of my main forum. Is this easy to do, or will I have to spend hours and hours learning how to do it and get it done.

And what about seperating the category sections, is this easy to do. Like how vbulletin.org has their categories seperate. Does this require a lot of extra work, or is there an option right in the admin centre?

One thing I've noticed in the admin centre, there are some limitations with designing a forum for those without a lot of web design experience.
    It doesn't take *A LOT* of web design experience....but understanding how to structure a table and other basics like line breaks will come in handy for the things you mentioned....

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Auric View Post
    And what about seperating the category sections, is this easy to do. Like how vbulletin.org has their categories seperate. Does this require a lot of extra work, or is there an option right in the admin centre?
    That's so easy to edit. See: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156783

Just some changes in some templates.

... I'm not sure about the other questions.

Leave a comment:

• Auric
    started a topic Columns rather than just rows?

Columns rather than just rows?

I have to wait until the end of February to buy vBulletin because I'm switching hosts for Yahoo ughh! and I can't unless it's been 60 days.

I've been looking around the web and trying to figure some things out in advance using the demo so I don't have to learn everything all at once - I'm too eager to get my forum up and running.

I want my forum to have columns on the side of my main forum. Is this easy to do, or will I have to spend hours and hours learning how to do it and get it done.

One thing I've noticed in the admin centre, there are some limitations with designing a forum for those without a lot of web design experience.