vB4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB4?

Could someone tell me when vB4 is supposed to come out? Just a ballpark guess is good for me! Reason I am asking is because I am about to upgrade to 3.6.4, but if 4 is right around the corner, I will wait

The Oasis
    A harmonious community

It will be out when its out. Thats all we know.

Comment

There is no release date planned for vB4. It'll be announced here when it is publically available.

Comment

Not really a presale question either to be honest.

Comment

Use 3.6.4 Because its the latest Stable Mate

Comment

The release date is never announced until... well, when it is released. Rule of thumb, ALWAYS update, so your forum is not open to any form of known exploits. Leaving your forum un-updated will cause nothing but problem in the long run anyways.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

Almost certainly it will be out before v5b1.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

I suggest you upgrade. Big versions such as 3.7.x and 4.x.x are never released without beta tests, RC tests etc so you will never see a gold released straight away. Its firsted tested on vBulletin then as beta on other forums, then as rc THEN if there are no bug the final (gold) is released which is a stable version .

Comment

Thanks for the non-sarcastic answers. And yes it would be a pre-sales question if I were purchasing my license on an anual basis, now wouldn't it

The Oasis
                  A harmonious community

Comment

Originally posted by kofoid View Post
                    Thanks for the non-sarcastic answers. And yes it would be a pre-sales question if I were purchasing my license on an anual basis, now wouldn't it
                    If you don't even know what's going to be in vBulletin 4, then it really shouldn't matter to you and it doesn't constitute as a Pre-Sales Question.
                    The Relationship Forum
                    The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Originally posted by kofoid View Post
                      Thanks for the non-sarcastic answers.
                      Regardless. In the year or so I've been here, vBulletin's policy is not to release timetables of future versions. 3.6.5 will be released when necessary. v4 will be preceded by betas as --MAD--- said. So there really is no answer to your question. v4 will be released after a series of betas and RCs before Gold.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X