Just ran vb_test.php script and got error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ran vb_test.php script and got error

This is the error I got when I ran the test. What doe is mean?

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/44/d156178506/htdocs/pennmustangs.com/vb_test.php on line 222

Thanks in advance.

Does your server have MySQL installed? Have you tried reuploading the script?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes it does have MySQL installed. Only thing I uploaded to my site is the vb_test.php file stated above. Entered my MySQL login information and that is when that error came up. I am using 1and1.com as my hosting company.

Comment

It means the MySQL information is incorrect, I've just updated vb_test.zip to show this more clearly.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi,

I got this error:

Fatal error: Trying to clone an uncloneable object of class mysqli in /home/donatas/public_html/vb_test.php on line 56

Mysql is working fine (I have a running phpbb forum and cms).
          PHP 5.1.6
          MySQL 5.0.26

PHP Code:
          {
          case 
          'mysql':
          $obj = new mysql($host$user$password$dbname);
          return (
          $obj->connection_resource $obj false);
          case 
          'mysqli':
          $obj = @new mysqli($host$user$password$dbname);
          if (
          mysqli_connect_errno())
          {
          $db_connection_error mysqli_connect_error();
          return 
          false;
          }
          return 
          $obj;

Why it skips mysql?
          Last edited by Fenixoid; Fri 9 Feb '07, 9:00am.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Can you show me your phpinfo settings please, we try to use MySQLi if its available since its the newest version of the interface available which gives greater functionality.

I've tested the code on PHP 5.2.1 without problem and I'm about to go to test on 5.1.6.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

You're host has zend.ze1_compatibility_mode enabled, this will need to be turned off since it can cause errors when using internal classes in PHP.

This is off by default and no longer exists in PHP 6.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
                  You're host has zend.ze1_compatibility_mode enabled, this will need to be turned off since it can cause errors when using internal classes in PHP.

This is off by default and no longer exists in PHP 6.
                  That's was the problem, thanks

Another one: should safe mode by on or off? I pass everything, but at safe mode it says "Fail".

Code:

box ~ # cat /etc/php/apache2-php5/php.ini | grep safe_mode
                  safe_mode = On
                  safe_mode_gid = On

Comment

You will be able to run vB with safe mode on, but you will have to take some extra steps for file uploads to work, and you will not be able to store attachments and avatars in the file system. They will have to be in the database.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just ran the script on my server and got a bunch of fails. http://pennmustangs.com/vb_test.php

Hosting is through 1and1.com Do you recommend a good hosting site to run vB on?
                      Last edited by SVTCobraLTD; Sun 18 Feb '07, 8:23am.

Comment

there is a lot of discussions regarding hosting a vBulletin forum,.... please take a look at the existing discussions before starting a new.
                        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

vb_test woes...

I have a server with the recommended software config on it, have created a dedicated database on our MySQL server, and a user account that has ALL privileges granted on the one database that I want to run vB against (I don't want it to have global ALL privileges as there are other systems on that server using MySQL as well). When I run the vb_test script, all the MySQL test fail:

Essential vBulletin RequirementsPHP5.2.3PassMySQLFailPCREPassmagic_quotes_sybasePassXMLPassDatabase Connection Error: Access denied for user 'vbulletin_test'@'localhost' (using password: YES)MySQL Permission RequirementscreateFailalterFailinsertFailupdateFailselectFaildeleteFaildropFailRecommended Settings (Optional)GD2.xPassopen_basedirPasssafe_modePassGZIPPassmagic_quotes_runtimePassmagic_quotes_gpcFailpcre.backtrack_limitPassOverall Result:Fail

My user privileges are as follow (from phpMyAdmin):

vbulletin\_testSELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, EXECUTE YesNo

Why am I getting these errors from the test script?

Thanks!

-R

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X