Installing and testing on server/domain A, then moving to server/domain B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing and testing on server/domain A, then moving to server/domain B

I'm an old customer of vb (from v2.x) but have stopped forums on our site.
    I now have a client who's interested in vb as their site's forum
    Question: I'm asked to do some benchmarks and customization upfront and before they start the dedicated hosting for their vb forum.

Is it possible to buy vb, then
    1- install it on server 1 for testing, config changes and some benchmarking
    2- show the customer, get feedback. make changes, etc.
    3- move to server 2 where forum will run in production, and be visible to their visitors once client clears and authorizes.

Notes:
    - I might have to buy the lic. on their behalf since our company will be handling the forum. Could this be an issue with you?
    - server 1 would be my company's ( a small contracting co.)
    - server 2 would be their final domain or subdomain where vb will run.

I'm not sure yet which license option they're interested in. Does it matter?

thanking you in advance.
    Kal.

Yes, you can do all that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The client wants go go ahead and use vb. question: if we buy the annual $30 support at time of buying vb, would that give us 2 years of updates?
      thanks.

Comment

Yes but you would have to buy it after purchasing the license. There is no way to purchase the extra year at the same time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

another question: if i buy the forum without the branding free option, is it possible to buy that optionlater? I don't know yet if the client wants the forum brand-free. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by upuaut View Post
            another question: if i buy the forum without the branding free option, is it possible to buy that optionlater? I don't know yet if the client wants the forum brand-free. thanks.
            Yes, you may do this after purchasing simply by going to the Members' Area and selecting the "Upgrade/Renew" link next to the appropriate license you wish to apply this Branding Free Option to.
            The Relationship Forum
            The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X